Join our Telegram channel (7000+ subscribers) for daily market analysis & trading tips: t.me/synapsetrading
Last week, I had the privilege to attend a 7-day training program in Johor to learn from Bill Allen, David Neenan, and the legendary Marshall Thurber.
It was a great time making new friends, learning (so many amazing individuals here!), and reflecting on turning 31 (on the first day of the course) this year.
Last year was an eventful year for me, in which I continued to grow my training business, bought a new house, and invested in 10+ new businesses.
During the 7 days, I also read these 3 books during my free time (in between the eating/drinking/massage sessions), which further gave me insights and clarity on how to build network by following sound business principles and sticking to my integrity. I am looking forward to many new exciting projects coming up soon.
- Dotcom Secrets – By Russell Brunson
- Expert Secrets – By Russell Brunson
- No Excuses – By David Neenan & Eric Lucas
Here is a summary of some of the key learning points from the course and the books:
- How to position yourself as an expert in your field
- How to develop sales funnels and build a strong “CULT-ure”
- The story of the sea quirt – don’t stop learning!
- Claiming responsibility gives us power over our lives.
- Moments of hardship and difficulty are the times when we strengthen the muscle of responsibility. Only through challenge do we grow.
- 4 options when you hit the wall: change yourself, change the system, get out, suffer.
- When you are perturbed and aware, it means that an opportunity for a breakthrough may be at hand.
- “Most of the best things that ever came my way seemed, at first, as if they might be the worst.”
- Simply acquiring information is not learning – knowing vs. doing
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets action.
- Mistakes = great learning moments
- A lateral thought is an innovation that takes an entirely new tack to solving a problem.
- Lateral thought > Niche (Lag) > Leverage > Value
- Commodity > Product > Service > Experience > Transformational offer
- “Emergence by Emergency” – Bucky
- Do you allow others to love and support you? support vs. propping up.
- Values are the ideas that guide all your actions. Abundance is an attitude that shapes your reality.
- What legacy do you want to create for this world?
- Speed learning – learning is not time dependent, and once you get it, you get it.
- Leadership – being able to make good predictions.
- Hero vs. Victim mentality
- The power of priming
- The importance of a good network – strong connections & weak ties
- Communication is the response I get
- Interesting vs. Interested
- The importance of “Essence” and “Emotions” – Go Hydra! 😀
- Cyclical vs. Structural change
- 2 most important things: time & attention
- Clarity is power!
- The law of Abundance – Sharing is having more!!! Cooperation vs. Competition.
- “Financial freedom is having enough” – when is enough for you?
- How to use leverage to amplify your resources
- Ephemeralization – doing more with less
- What business are you really in? (Hint: same for all biz)
- Sometimes you need to slow down to get there faster
- All decision are driven by emotions – get to the heart of the matter
- DyVal = Quality/Investment
- Request > Suggest > Surprise & Delight
- The concept of Precession – always keep moving!
- Theory > Method > Tools > Metrics
- Network Science – how to build strong networks
- What do you want to do in life once you have enough money?
- Dissipative structures and Perturbation
- How to deliver powerful presentations – the “Essence”
- The concept of Entrainment
- Mastery is to simplify the complex
- Values vs. Policy – United Airlines case study
- Client vs. Customers – how to attract more missionaries
- Lemonade stand game – Revision of GAAP vs. IFRS accounting standards
Here are more photos of the event:
Once again, a big thank you to all participants and organisers, and for those who are keen to join next year, please drop me whatsapp/email and I will link you up with the organisers for next year’s event.
Spencer is an avid globetrotter who achieved financial freedom in his 20s, while trading & teaching across 60+ countries. As a former professional trader in private equity and proprietary funds, he has over 15 years of market experience, and has been featured on more than 20 occasions in the media.