Nowadays, birthdays are one of the best opportunities to catch up with your friends and loved ones, since most people have to work.
Grateful for all the meetups and birthday treats in the last week, and the insightful life conversations with people that I have known for more than 10, and even 25 years.
At a certain age, people start to dread birthdays (hmm.. what did I achieve with my life since last year?), and for me it is the mid-point in the year, so I usually review my goals that I set at the start of the year.
“And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count; it’s the life in your years. ”
As I grappled with the arrival fallacy for the last few years and struggled to find purpose in life, I have placed much less emphasis on career and financial success, and focused more on other aspects of life, such as:
- Growth and contribution (reading, blogging, volunteer work)
- Relationships (quality time with quality friends, settling down)
- Healthy living (8 hours of sleep, eat healthy, eat more)
- Hobbies (trying out new stuff to challenge myself)
- Travelling (seeing all the safe countries in the world)
- Spiritual growth (mindfulness, meditation, gardening)
Looking forward to the remaining 60% of my life. 💪🙂🔥