An Unofficial Guide to
Improving All Aspects of Your Life
Introduction to Investing & Trading Psychology
Patience & Discipline
Managing Losing Trades
The Circadian Rhythm
- Reduce your exposure to bring light after 8pm to help your body wind down.
- Go for a camping trip if you want to reset your sleep cycle.
- Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep a day.
- Aim to sleep consistently at the same time, eg. daily from 12am to 8am.
- Do not eat 3 hours before bed.
- Get some sunlight right after you wake up.
- Aim to get at least 1 hour of sunlight a day.
- Best time for brain work is 10am to 3pm
- Aim for at least 2.5 hours of exercise a week
- Best time to exercise is from 3pm to dinner time.
- If exercising near bedtime, take a shower to cool the body down.
- Recommended timings for meals:
- Breakfast – Between 7am to 8am
- Lunch – Between 12pm to 1pm
- Dinner – Between 6pm to 7pm
- Supper – Before 9pm (if sleeping at 12am)
Work & Hobbies
Ikigai is a Japanese concept that means “a reason for being”. It refers to having a direction or purpose in life, that which makes one’s life worthwhile, and towards which an individual takes spontaneous and willing actions giving them satisfaction and a sense of meaning to life.
Meaning, Purpose & Happiness
Philosophy matters because at some point in our lives we must all ask and answer these questions for ourselves.
- What is true?
- Why do I believe it to be true?
- How should I live based on what I believe?
Read more: Why We All Need Philosophy
Finding your passion
A child does not walk onto a playground and say to herself, “How do I find fun?” She just goes and has fun.
If you have to look for what you enjoy in life, then you’re not going to enjoy anything.
Read more: Screw Finding Your Passion
Types of Relationships
We tend to think love occurs solely between romantic partners, but this isn’t true. Humans can experience eight types of love in various relationships, such as with romantic partners, friends, family and even strangers on the street.
Read more: The 8 Different Types of Love
Income & Wealth
Getting Things Done
Being 100% efficient and having a packed schedule is actually counter-intuitive, because it lowers effectiveness. We need some slack (time and mental bandwidth) so that we can stay mentally alert (avoid decision fatigue) and react to new situations and opportunities.
Read more: Efficiency is the Enemy
Goals vs. Habits
“To sustain the behaviors that helped you reach a goal, think about the achievement as a journey rather than a destination.”