Join our Telegram channel (20,000+ subscribers) for daily market analysis & trading tips: t.me/synapsetrading
These are the top 10 major cryptocurrency coins based on market capitalization.
Here is a quick summary of the primary function of each cryptocurrency coin:
- Bitcoin (BTC) – A store of wealth, digital gold.
- Ethereum (ETH) – Decentralized smart contract platform, allows apps to be built on top of it.
- Cardano (ADA) – Decentralized smart contract platform with lower fees, specific use cases.
- Tether (USDT) – Stablecoin, pegged 1-1 to the US dollar.
- Binance Coin (BNB) – Owned by the largest crypto exchange, Binance.
- Ripple (XRP) – Banker’s coin, settle global payments across borders.
- Solana (SOL) – Decentralized smart contract platform, uses proof of history & proof of stake instead of proof of work.
- Polkadot (DOT) – Multi-chain protocol to allow different blockchains to talk to each other.
- DogeCoin (DOGE) – Meme coin
- USD Coin (USDC) – Stablecoin, pegged 1-1 to the US dollar.
If you're looking for the best trading opportunities every day across various markets, and don't want to spend hours doing the research yourself, check out our private Telegram channel!
[Sponsored] Generate 5-8% additional monthly passive income by allowing your trading account to automatically copy trades from professional traders! (No time or experience required!)
If you're looking for a reputable brokerage that covers all products (SG stocks, US stocks, global stocks, bonds, ETFs, REITs, forex, futures, crypto) and has one of the lowest commissions, this is what I currently use.
Spencer is an avid globetrotter who achieved financial freedom in his 20s, while trading & teaching across 70+ countries. As a former professional trader in private equity and proprietary funds, he has over 15 years of market experience, and has been featured on more than 20 occasions in the media.