THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TRADING & INVESTING
Learn from Spencer as he travels across 50+ countries, creating the most comprehensive & practical guide for trading & investing, compiled from thousands of books, websites, courses, and interviews with professionals! New content added regularly!
If you are looking for trading or investing ideas & tips, or if you have any questions to ask, you can do so via these channels: http://synapsetrading.com/market-analysis-and-discussion/
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Trading & Technical Analysis
- Understanding the Markets:
- Creating a Trading Plan:
- General Rules & Mistakes to Avoid:
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Trading Price Patterns
- Classical Price Patterns
- How to Trade Predictive Price Patterns – Reversal Patterns vs Continuations Pattern
- “Double Top” & “Double Bottom” Price Pattern Trading Strategy Guide
- “Head and Shoulders” & “Inverted Head and Shoulders” Price Pattern Trading Strategy Guide
- “Symmetrical Triangle”, “Ascending Triangle” & “Descending Triangle” Price Pattern Trading Strategy Guide
- “Expanding Triangle” Price Pattern Trading Strategy Guide
- “Cup and Handle” Price Pattern Trading Strategy Guide
- “Rising Wedge” & “Falling Wedge” Price Pattern Trading Strategy Guide
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Money & Risk Management in Trading
- What is the Purpose of Risk Management?
- Big Difference: Risk vs. Risky – Which One Are You Doing?
- How to Calculate your Trade Risk, Position Risk, Total Exposure, and Lot Sizing
- The Importance of Stoploss (SL) in Risk Management
- Tools & Techniques for Placing Stoploss
- Rules Used by Professionals to Manage and Minimise risk
- Practical Trade Execution:
- How to Measure Your Trade Performance
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Trading Psychology & Behavioral Finance
- Human Psychology & Behavioral Biases:
- Overconfidence Bias – How Can I Ever Be Wrong?
- Anchoring Bias – I Refuse to Change My Mind!
- Cognitive Dissonance Bias – This Can’t Be True!
- Representativeness Bias – The Dangers of a Small Sample Size
- Self-Attribution Bias – Don’t Confuse Brains With a Bull Market
- Conservatism Bias – Are You Afraid of Change?
- Optimism Bias – Why Most People Think They Can Beat the Market
- Endowment Bias – Do You Really “Own” a Stock?
- Confirmation Bias – I See Only What I Want to See
- Loss Aversion Bias – Why a Loss Has Twice the Psychological Impact
- Hindsight Bias – I Knew It All Along!
- Regret Aversion Bias – Would You Rather Be Right, or Avoid Being Wrong?
- How to Improve Your Trading Psychology
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Long-Term Investing
- Roadmap: How to Use Your Trading Profits to Build a Diversified Portfolio
- The Best Long-Term Portfolio Investing Strategies
- What Assets Should I Have in My Long-Term Portfolio?
Media Features & Interviews with Spencer
- Media Interviews:
- Interview with the Business Times – Discipline ‘Key to Success in Trading’
- Interview with the Lianhe Zaobao (Main Chinese Newspaper in Singapore)
- 30 of Asia’s Top Financial Experts Reveal: The Best Financial Advice I’ve Ever Received
- Interview with Big Fat Purse (Now Dr Wealth) – Behavioral Analysis Trading Strategy
- Interview with the Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Shares Investment Guest Article Feature
- SGX Exclusive Interview | StockWhiz Trader Profiling
- Home Interview with Societe Generale – Trading for a Living
- Radio Interview with Money FM 89.3 – How I Retired at 28
- Straits Times Feature on SMU Alumni – The Path Less Travelled
- Major Events:
- Officially Certified Financial Technican (CFTe) by the International Federation of Technical Analysts (IFTA)
- Speaking to 2,500+ Attendees at the National Achievers Congress (NAC)
- Sparks Summit – Singapore’s First Life Hacking Conference
- Guest Speaker at the World Wealth Creation Conference (WWCC)
- Guest Panelist at the SMU Business Forum
- Guest Speaker at SMU Open House – Alumni Sharing
- Invitation to Speak in Philippines (Traders Fair)
- Invitation to Speak in Malaysia (Invest Fair)
- Invitation to Speak in Singapore (Invest Fair)
- Guest Speaker at Bain & Co Consulting (Private Event)
- Guest Speaker & Panelist at the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX)
- AFACT (Association of Financial & Commodity Traders) Anniversary Dinner & Trading Competition
- Interview with Synapse Network Members:
Tools & Resources (Glossary, Books, Brokerage, Software, etc)
- Glossary of Trading & Investing Terms
- What are some recommended books for trading & investing?
- What Brokerages am I using?
- What Charting Software am I using?
- TradingView – One of the best charting platforms out there at the moment, and it is web-based, so you can do your analysis at home on your computer and still see the analysis on your mobile devices when you are on the go. It is free to use with an optional upgrade.
- MetaTrader 4 (MT4) – Usually provided by the broker, this free software (web, desktop, app) will enable you to execute trades and manage multiple accounts easily.
- What Software Can I Use to Track & Measure my Results?
- Myfxbook – There are many versions of this (web-based, app, etc), and they all allow you to link your live forex trading account to this tool, which will then automatically help you record, analyse and measure your trading performance. And the best thing is that it is free!
- Other Analysis Tools